Learn how viideo announcements in Canvas offer instructors a way to provide unique and engaging announcements to keep students up to date and informed.
- [Instructor] Hopefully, you're taking advantage…of the announcements feature inside your Canvas course,…because it's a great way to keep students…updated and informed.…In this video, I want to take a look at a feature within…the announcements tab that you should consider trying,…and that is the ability to leave video announcements.…I found that video announcements can be extremely…powerful in a couple ways.…First, it allows students another opportunity…to see and connect with you, the instructor,…in a more personal format.…Next, it allows you to infuse a little bit more…of your personality and character into your messages,…and oftentimes, while the written word can be misinterpreted…or difficult to understand, that's not the case…with the spoken word.…
So let's take a look at how to do this.…I'm going to go over to my announcements tab in the course…navigation bar and here's where I create a new announcement.…I'll click on plus announcement, and I believe…that the best way to do this is to couple it…with some text message, as well as a video message,…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.