Discover how peer reviews are a powerful assessment tool to help students receive more feedback and practice giving feedback to others.
- [Instructor] Feedback is an extremely important part…of the learning process…and hopefully you're delivering high quality feedback…to your students.…What can be even more powerful however is diverse feedback…or feedback coming from multiple sources.…One way to take advantage of this in Canvas…is to utilize peer reviews…in which students receive feedback from their classmates.…This has several benefits.…First of all, students receive feedback…from multiple people,…not only from the instructor but from their peers as well.…Secondly, assessing other students' work…and leaving quality feedback is a powerful skill…to teach your students.…
Not only will they see more examples…of the quality of work being done by their peers…but they'll also learn how to deliver quality feedback…which is an important life skill.…Let's take a look at how to utilize this feature in Canvas.…In order to do this, I'm going to navigate to my Assignments…and from here, I'll scroll down…and go to an assignment that I've already started creating.…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.