Learn how to customize your notification settings in Canvas, which is is an important way to ensure that you and your students stay up to date and informed in your course.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we'll take a look at ways to…utilize Canvas to improve communication and collaboration.…In this video, let's take a quick look…at our notification settings to make sure…that you and your students are taking advantage…of Canvas's ability to notify you…of activity within your course.…Now in order to access my notification settings…on the global navigation bar,…I'm going to go to my account tab…and from here, I'll go to notifications.…First, notice the number of things…that we can be notified of.…Now, up at the top of the page,…notice that I have three different ways…that I'm able to be notified.…
I have two different email addresses,…as well as a phone number…in which I'll receive text messages at.…Now these are here because I added them…as ways to contact me in my profile settings…and I'll show you how I did that.…In order to do that, I went to my account tab…and then to settings…and from here on the right hand side,…you have a section titled "Ways to Contact".…I entered in here the two different email addresses,…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.