Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Up and Running with Canvas 2015.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Thank you for watching Up and Running With Canvas.…I hope this learning management system…will prove to be a great tool…in helping your students succeed.…As you move forward with Canvas,…find ways to engage students…both inside and outside of the school,…and work to personalize the learning experience.…Canvas also provides the tools and resources…to adopt the concepts of the flipped classroom…where students gain knowledge outside the classroom…and then spend class time enhancing…and mastering that knowledge.…For more information on the flipped classroom,…check out the book, "Flipping 2.0"…by author Jason Bretzmann,…or check out Flipping the Classroom with Aaron Quigley…here on Lynda.com.…
Learning management systems, such as Canvas,…have the tools needed to make personalized learning…a reality in the classroom.…Continue to find ways that Canvas can help you…innovate your classroom and maximize student learning.…Ed Tech is a growing and dynamic field.…Be sure to keep up-to-date with the latest trends…through social media sites, like Twitter.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading profile
- Creating student groups
- Setting up conferences
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Adding co-teachers
- Duplicating a course
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Fundamentals: Data-Driven Instructionwith Riyaz Gayasaddin1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Canvas 2015
2. Creating a Course
3. Creating Student Groups
4. Adding Assignments and Quizzes
5. Exploring the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
7. Canvas Apps
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.