Learn how Canvas allows instructors to mute assignments so that students do not receive their score or feedback until the assignment is unmuted.
- [Instructor] In Canvas, you have the ability…to mute assignments, which means that students…will not be able to see any grades or feedback…that you've left until it's unmuted.…Now, there are a few situations…where this can be very helpful.…One of them is when you still have students…who need to turn in the assignment.…So perhaps you don't want to show feedback…or expected answers to some of the students…who could then share it with other students…who haven't yet turned it in.…Also, you may be grading papers or projects…over a couple days, and you want to avoid…having some students to get their grade and feedback,…and then having a bunch of other students contacting you,…asking why they haven't received anything yet.…
In this situation, it may just be easier…to mute the assignment, and then, once you have…all of the students' assignments graded,…unmute it so that everyone can see it all at once.…Let's take a look at how to do this.…So the easiest way is from within the Gradebook.…I'm going to go over to the Course navigation tab,…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.