Discover how the Canvas gradebook allows you to easily message students who fit specific criteria, such as a missing assignment or a low score.
- [Instructor] One of the most important things…that you can communicate with your students on…is their progress in your course.…The Canvas Gradebook has a neat feature…that allows you to easily share reminders and messages…with students that fit certain criteria.…Let's take a look at how to utilize this.…First I'm going to navigate to one of my courses.…I'll go to my Biology 101 course.…And then on the left-hand side I want to click on grades.…This brings me to the grade book…and here I can see the different assignments that I have…as well as scores in here,…my students are on the left-hand side.…
And I want to go hear to my Sample Google Drive Assignment.…And when I hover over an assignment I get this arrow…and when I click on it, a drop down menu.…Now here we can set a default grade, we can mute…assignments, show assignment details, access SpeedGrader.…But one of them is Message Students Who dot dot dot.…I'm going to go ahead and click on that…and as you can see here…it allows me to select certain criteria.…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.