Learn how mastery paths in Canvas allow you to differentiate the learning resources that students are required to complete, based on their performance on an assessment.
- [Instructor] MasteryPaths are a great feature…inside of Canvas, which allow you to customize content…based on student performance.…Let's take a quick look at a MasteryPath that I've created…to see what I mean.…I'm going to go over to my advanced biology course,…and then under assignments, you can see here that I have…a digital citizenship assessment.…Now all MasteryPaths begin with an assessment,…and depending on how students perform on that assessment,…dictates what they will need to do next.…In this case, I wanted to create a digital…citizenship assessment, that made sure that students…understand digital citizenship and how to behave online.…
So at the beginning of my course, I give them…this assessment, and depending on how they do,…dictates what steps they need to take next.…Now I set up this MasteryPath and if i go to the right,…I'll click here on MasteryPath, I have set up…what they need to do based on their scores.…So this is a quiz that's worth 50 points.…If students receive a 47 to 50, they simply need to…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.