Learn how the Canvas learning management system allows you to integrate many different third-party apps to utilize in your courses.
- [Instructor] When using the Canvas…learning management system,…you can integrate a ton of apps…that will make your job more efficient…and your instruction more effective.…Let's take a look at where these apps are.…From within a course,…you can navigate to the course navigation bar…and then to Settings.…Once on the Settings page,…up at the top, you'll go over to the Apps tab.…From here, you can see all of the different apps…that they have available.…Now, in this example, in order to do this course,…I'm using a dummy account or a free account…so I don't have the ability to add in…or configure these apps.…
For you, you made need to talk to a system administrator…to get some of these apps verified and entered…onto your platform,…but if you look here,…you'll see all of the incredible apps that they have…including things like Amazon Education.…They have in here Box,…where you can integrate your box folders…and share those files.…You have things like CK-12.…Down here, an extremely popular one is the Google Apps…which you can integrate and use right inside of your course.…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.