Learn how Canvas allows you to upload content into your courses in a wide variety of formats. Find out how instructors can also export and download their course contents to create a backup file.
- [Instructor] Canvas provides you the ability…to import and export course materials.…Let's take a look at how to do this.…Now in order to export your course,…or course materials, you need to select the course…that you want to do this with.…Right now from my dashboard I'm going to select Biology 101.…From here, in the course navigation bar,…I'm going to scroll down and click on settings.…And then on the far right,…we have all of these different tabs,…one of them is Export Course content,…I'll click there.…And it asks me what I want to export.…So I can export the course or quizzes.…
Now I'll click on Create Export…and it will go ahead and export this.…When it's completed it will leave a link up at the top.…So as you can see I just did this a little while ago…so there is a link up here already.…It also let's you know that you can leave the page…and you'll receive an email when your export is complete.…So if you have a very large course…it may take awhile for this to upload.…Now once it's done, I can click here to download that.…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.