Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing an online file library within Canvas, part of Up and Running with Canvas 2015.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- One advantage of a Learning Management System…is the ability to store and organize files.…You can store documents, images, videos, and rubrics…which you are able to share with students…or attach to assignments and quizzes.…Canvas allows for an Online File Library…which we can use to enhance assignments…and provide resources for your class.…Another advantage with this…is the fact that these files can be accessed anywhere…in which you have an internet connection.…There are three types of file storage in Canvas.…The first, Personal Files, are files that can only…be viewed by the individual.…
Both teachers and students have access to Personal Files,…but again, only the individual user…can see their Personal Files.…Essentially, this is a file storage area…for your own personal files regarding the course.…This is a great feature, because it allows you…to access the files from anywhere you have…an internet connection, which can be…especially beneficial for students.…The Personal Files can be accessed…through your Personal Settings, which appear…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading profile
- Creating student groups
- Setting up conferences
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Adding co-teachers
- Duplicating a course
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Fundamentals: Data-Driven Instructionwith Riyaz Gayasaddin1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Canvas 2015
2. Creating a Course
3. Creating Student Groups
4. Adding Assignments and Quizzes
5. Exploring the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
7. Canvas Apps
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.