Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your course syllabus, part of Up and Running with Canvas 2015.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- For any class, there is important information…to communicate to students so that…they know all of the expectations.…This may include assignments,…due dates, course objectives,…and general rules.…On Canvas, it's easy to create a syllabus…that the students will have access to.…Building a syllabus on Canvas is a two-part process.…In the first step, we can add customized text.…We can do this by copy and pasting…from an already existing syllabus,…or we can create a syllabus from scratch.…The second step of the process will be…to add assignments and due dates.…
Let's go ahead and get started creating a syllabus.…From the "Course" dashboard,…let's click on "Syllabus" in the left side bar.…I want to give a reminder that any time…we are in the "Course" dashboard,…you will see "Life Science" or…the title of the course at the top left.…From this, let's select "Syllabus",…and you will notice that there is…no text and no assignments…in the syllabus at this point.…The first thing we want to do…is to add any information we would like…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading profile
- Creating student groups
- Setting up conferences
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Adding co-teachers
- Duplicating a course
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Fundamentals: Data-Driven Instructionwith Riyaz Gayasaddin1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Canvas 2015
2. Creating a Course
3. Creating Student Groups
4. Adding Assignments and Quizzes
5. Exploring the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
7. Canvas Apps
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.