Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Completing your teacher profile, part of Up and Running with Canvas 2015.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Before we start creating a course…we will edit or create all of the teacher-specific settings.…These settings will be the same for each course you create…and only need to be set up once…unless you desire to change them in the future.…The first thing we want to configure is our teacher settings…which can be accessed in the upper right-hand corner…by clicking on the Settings tab.…In the middle of the page…you'll see how your profile currently…displays in the Canvas network.…There's a basic avatar image…and there's the name you used in your setup.…We want go ahead and change some of these things…so they are more appropriate for our class.…
If you are not able to click…on the Edit Settings on the right-hand side…this is probably because you have not…gone into your email account…and finished your profile setup.…You will see this blue box below…notifying you that you need to do so.…The email address you use in your original account setup…will receive an email that looks like this…that allows you to set up a password.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading profile
- Creating student groups
- Setting up conferences
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Adding co-teachers
- Duplicating a course
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Fundamentals: Data-Driven Instructionwith Riyaz Gayasaddin1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Canvas 2015
2. Creating a Course
3. Creating Student Groups
4. Adding Assignments and Quizzes
5. Exploring the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
7. Canvas Apps
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.