Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Communicating with announcements and conversations, part of Up and Running with Canvas 2015.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- One of the benefits…of a learning management system…is the ability to communicate with students…in a protected platform.…Canvas has a variety of ways to communicate.…One of those ways is Conversations.…In order to access your Conversations,…click in the top right corner on Inbox.…Conversations is essentially…an email platform within Canvas.…Since we have not yet published the course,…there is nobody inside of the course…to have sent us a message yet.…In the pane on the left hand side,…is where we'll see all received messages.…
When you click on the message,…the details will appear in the right pane.…We do have some choices within our Conversations.…First of all, you can select the class…that you'd like to see messages from.…You can select Unread, Starred,…Sent, Archived, and Submission Comments.…And you can also Reply, Reply to All,…Archive and Delete messages.…The Pencil Icon allows you to compose a new message.…After I click on this icon,…I first select a course,…select Life Science.…
And then I can select who I want…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading profile
- Creating student groups
- Setting up conferences
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Adding co-teachers
- Duplicating a course
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Fundamentals: Data-Driven Instructionwith Riyaz Gayasaddin1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Canvas 2015
2. Creating a Course
3. Creating Student Groups
4. Adding Assignments and Quizzes
5. Exploring the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
7. Canvas Apps
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.