Learn how the link checker inside of Canvas allows instructors to quickly check whether the links in their courses are active and responsive.
- [Instructor] You've likely included links…to other resources or websites…when you were creating assignments, assessments,…pages, discussions, and more.…Now it can be frustrating as a student…when some of those links are invalid…or bring them to a dead end.…As the instructor, you can utilize a really neat tool…inside of Canvas to make sure that…all of the links you've used are valid.…What I'm going to do is go over here…to my Course Navigation Bar,…and inside of my Biology 101 course…I want to go down to Settings.…
Over here on the right-hand side…we have a bunch of different things we can click on,…and at the bottom one of the tabs is…Validate Links in Content.…I'll click on that,…and we get this Course Link Validator…telling us that they are going to scan it…and return any links that are invalid or unresponsive.…I'm going to go ahead and click on Start Link Validation,…and as you can see it's processing.…It's going through those links and finding out…if they are valid or not.…
Down here it's now showing me…that it found one unresponsive link,…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.