Discover the Canvas community pages and Canvas guides, which are great resources for helping instructors, students, and admins understand how to optimize their use of the Canvas platform.
- [Instructor] Before we complete this course,…I want to point out an extremely powerful resources,…and that is the Canvas Community.…You can find this website at community.canvaslms.com.…Now on this page, you'll find…a ton of different resources, all…the way from What Is Canvas?,…to Canvas guides, release notes.…You have here ideas being shared,…you can join different groups and join…in community discussions, and more.…Now I think the most powerful of the page…is the guides, so I'm going to go ahead…on the left-hand side and click on the Guides link.…
From here, I'll click Canvas Guides,…and then they allow me to select between Instructor,…Student, Admin, or Observer guides.…I'll go ahead and click on Instructor…to show you the power of this digital guide.…Now up here, they show me the different topics…that they'll cover, so this is the Table of Contents.…And as you can see, they cover a ton.…Down below are the individual questions…that they answer for these features.…Now, if I scroll down, you'll see here…for instance, under Discussions, they have…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.