When creating assignments in Canvas, learn how you have the ability to assign an assignment to specific sections or customize the due date for different sections.
- [Instructor] There may be times that you create…an assignment or an assessment for…a specific course,…however you only want to deliver it to a…certain section at that time.…Or perhaps you need to assign different due dates…for different sections of the course.…Let's take a look at how we can do that…inside of Canvas.…So I'm going to enter one of my courses.…I'll enter Biology 101.…And in here, I'm going to go…to the Assignments tab.…Here are all the assignments inside of this course,…and I'm going to click on the one titled…Controlled Experiment: Final Proposal.…Now this is one that I've just started creating…and I still haven't entered all the details.…
So I'm going to go up and click on Edit.…Now this is the screen I get when…I'm creating the assignment.…And I can enter in the title,…the actual assignment here in the Rich Content Editor,…and when I scroll down to the very bottom,…you'll notice here that it's assigning it.…And by default, it's assigning it to everyone.…Meaning everyone in my Biology 101 course.…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.