Learn how canvas course analytics allow instructors to see how well their students are performing and how often they are engaging with the platform.
- [Instructor] Canvas provides course analytics,…which can help you to better understand…how well your students are performing…and how active they are on the platform.…Canvas provides analytics regarding activity,…assignment submissions, grades, and students.…Let's take a look at how we can access these analytics.…I'm going to navigate to one of my courses.…I'll go to Biology 101.…Once on the homepage, on the right-hand side,…I'm going to go down to the View Course Analytics tab.…I'll click here,…and it opens up the course analytics.…
I don't have a lot of analytics in here,…because I have just entered in my students,…and the only ones that have any data in here…are ones that I've logged in to demonstrate things.…Once all of your students are in here,…and the course is rolling, however,…there will be a ton of information in here…that's very useful.…As you can see, we have Activity by Date.…I can see the activity in my course.…When I scroll over these bars, it's telling me…how many participations there were,…how many page views there were.…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.