Learn why it is important to add alt tags to images—which you include in your resources so that screen readers can help learners determine what the image represents.
- [Instructor] Another important concept…for improving the accessibility of your content…is adding Alt tags to images.…Let's take a look at how to do that.…So here we have our Genetics Study Guide…that we've been creating.…And although I'll admit that it's not…a very good study guide,…we've been setting it up just to show…some of the concepts of accessibility.…So in here, I'm going to edit it.…I'll go up to the top and click on Edit.…And then down below, I want to add another sub-section.…In this case, it's going to be called DNA.…And because it is a sub-section,…I want to make sure that it's a Header Three.…
Below this, I'm going to add-in the content.…I'm going to put…"Understand what is represented in this image."…And the reason I'm doing this is because…I want to add in an image.…Now in order to do that, I'll go up here and…click on the Embed Image icon.…I'll click this.…And then we can add that in several different ways.…But I'm going to click here on Canvas…because it is a file that I've already uploaded…to my course files.…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.