When creating learning resources, it is important to make sure that they are accessible to all learners. Learn about the Canvas features that allow you to create more accessible learning resources.
- [Instructor] As educators, we strive…to help people learn.…We share information, create resources,…give feedback and a lot more.…And in the digital age, with all…of the technology and innovation,…we have access to more information,…more gadgets, and more learning…opportunities than ever before.…A learning management system, such as Canvas,…is a great example of this.…But not all students are able…to access these resources or opportunities.…This could be because of a disability,…a lack of access to technology,…a language barrier, or other reasons.…
Helping these students overcome…these obstacles, and empowering them…to have access to the same learning opportunities…is what is meant by making learning accessible.…Thankfully, Canvas does a great job…of providing tools and features,…which allow you to make your courses…more accessible to all students.…In this chapter, we'll go over some of those features.…When creating your content, keep in mind some…important accessibility best practices.…Realize that some students with vision impairments…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.