Learn how the Canvas accessibility checker allows you to quickly check whether a resource you are creating includes the proper elements to make it accessible.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we've been talking about…an extremely important topic.…And that is how to make your content inside of Canvas…more accessible to all learners.…And this is something that we all need to take seriously.…Now in this course we only covered…some brief tips and features.…We talked about how to use headings,…how to add natural language links,…as well as the importance of alt tags…and adding them to images.…Now if you want to learn more about the concept…of accessibility, I recommend checking out my course,…teaching techniques, making accessible learning.…
As an instructor, it's a very important topic…to become more knowledgeable about.…Now I want to point out one final feature…inside of Canvas that can help you…with making sure that your content is accessible.…And that is the accessibility checker.…I'm going to go up here in our genetic study guide…and click on edit.…And now we can see the screen…that we normally would be creating it with.…So we have the rich content editor.…And you'll notice over here on the far right…
- Communicating with video and messages
- Using notifications
- Setting up peer reviews
- Analyzing assignments
- Organizing content
- Using mastery paths
- Ensuring content is accessible
- Adjusting headings, links, and tags
- Integrating with third-party applications
- Importing and exporting courses
- Using HTML in Canvas
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategywith Oliver Schinkten1h 18m Intermediate
1. Communication and Collaboration
2. Assess Students
3. Organization Strategies
4. Accessibility of Content
Check all course links1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.