Selections are the heart of editing. In this video, learn how to use the playhead controls and key keyboard shortcuts to create and manipulate selections on your timeline in Camtasia for Windows.
- Let's take a closer look at selections … using the playhead controls … and keyboard shortcuts in Camtasia. … Selections are one of the very few places … where there's a real difference … between the Mac and Windows versions of Camtasia. … So, in this movie, … we're going to look at selections in Windows … and in the next movie, … we'll look at selections on the Mac. … The most basic type of selection … is to drag the green In Point handle … to the left … and the red Out Point handle to the right … in order to create your selection. … Press your space bar … to play the contents of your selection, … allowing you to preview exactly what you have selected. … - "Is where the..." … - Playback automatically stops … at the end of your selection. … Pressing your space bar again, … will loop back to the beginning of your selection. … - "Is where the..." … - At a clearest selection, … just double click on the playhead … or press Control + D to de-select. … Now the period and comma keys are really helpful …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.