Selections are the heart of editing. In this video, learn how to use the playhead controls and key keyboard shortcuts to create and manipulate selections on your timeline in Camtasia for macOS.
- [Narrator] Let's take a closer look … at making selections using the play head controls … and keyboard shortcuts in Camtasia. … Selections are one of the few places … where there is a real difference between the Mac … and Windows versions of Camtasia. … So in this movie, we're going to get selections … on the Mac, and in the previous movie, … we looked at selections on Windows. … The most basic type of selection is … to drag the green inpoint and the red outpoint handles … on your playhead to create a selection. … You can then press the spacebar to playback the contents … of your selection, allowing you to preview exactly … what you have selected. … Next, playback automatically stops at the end … of the selection. … If you press the spacebar again, … it'll loop back to the beginning of your selection … and play it for you. … Next, at a clear selection, just double click the playhead … or you can use the keyboard command, Command + Shift + A. … Now the period and comma keys are really helpful …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.