Join Chris Mattia for an in-depth discussion in this video What's new in Camtasia 2019, part of Camtasia 2019 Essential Training: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Camtasia 2019 is packed with new features. Let's have a look at the top 10 new features of this release. Number one, auto-normalize loudness. Now when you calibrate your microphone, your audio already sounds pretty good. But now when you enable the new auto-normalize loudness feature, all of your audio for your entire project will be dynamically set to the perfect audio level for your viewer. Number two, mouse cursor smoothing. Now while recording a screencast, it's pretty common to end up with a mouse movement that is not quite as smooth and deliberate as we'd all like, but now you can simply apply the new mouse cursor smoothing effect to your clip and Camtasia will smooth out that mouse movement for you automatically. Number three, text spacing controls. You can now control the horizontal and vertical space that controls the spread of your text. Number four, block text style. This feature is hidden, but if you right-click on a block of text, there's a new apply block text style option. Number five, whip spin transition. Add this cool new transition to quickly whip from one shot to the next. Number six, logo support in themes. Now there's a new logo tab in the theme manager. We can add a custom logo, then, when you apply your theme to a clip that supports the new logo feature, your logo will be automatically applied as well as your custom colors and your fonts. Number seven, open in Camtasia. Now, when you go to the TechSmith assets for Camtasia website, and you find a new library asset that you want to download, there's now a one-click button to download and install that asset directly into your Camtasia project. Number eight, canvas preset updates. Now when you go to manage your project settings you now have a whole new set of project presets for common social media and device-size recordings. Number nine, PDF file support in Windows. You can now import PDF files directly into your Camtasia media bin on Windows and display them as a click inside of your project. Number 10, custom keyboard shortcuts. Okay, I did save the best one of these for last. There is a whole new custom keyboards shortcuts tab in the preferences, where you can now customize your own shortcuts for nearly every single command inside of Camtasia. Now this is huge, especially if you're already familiar with any other video editing program. Your fingers will now instantly adapt to Camtasia making you an even more efficient and effective content creator.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Choosing and calibrating a microphone
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Recording mobile devices
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding transitions and annotations
- Exporting and sharing movies
- Collaborating between Mac and Windows