Camtasia 2020 Essential Training is targeted at beginners and advanced users wanting to learn how to create great screencasts. In this video, learn how to verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to complete this course.
- This course is here to help you create, refine and share your story as a movie, using Camtasia 2020. And along the way, you're going to learn the key skills that you'll need to become a more effective communicator through the medium of video. A Camtasia is a media creation platform and it's most commonly used to record the screen of a computer, edit the video and then share it with the world. This is often referred to as Screencasting. And if you're new to Screencasting, then you're in the right place. I'm going to guide you step by step through the process of recording, editing and sharing your own screencast, In order to help you go from beginner to guru in no time. And now, if you're more experienced, screencaster or media creator, then this course is going to be perfect for you as well. I've packed the course with the new features of Camtasia 2020, and a bunch of pro tips and tricks for you to pick up as well. And you may want to click the little gear icon in the video player, and speed up the playback of the course to zip through it at your preferred faster pace. And now to complete the course, you're going to need a copy of Camtasia 2020, which you can download from techsmith.com and a computer capable of running it. Which means you're going to need to have a copy of Windows 10 or MacOS 10 point 13 High Sierra or newer to install Camtasia 2020. As TechSmith has officially dropped support for older operating systems, such as Windows eight and MacOS 10 point 12 and older on both platforms. Just download and install the application like you would for any other program on your platform. How to run Camtasia, you're going to need a computer with at least eight gigabytes of RAM but I suggest having 16 gigabytes or more, as you'll need to run Camtasia and whatever programs you're recording. And you'll also need a microphone to record your voice and a good pair of headphones more on these later. It's very easy to create a basic screencast with Camtasia 2020. And we're going to cover that process in the very first chapter of this course. Then the rest of the course, will be about taking your skills in recording, editing and sharing your screencast to the next level, where we'll cover all the basic essential skills that you're going to need to master to create great screencasts. Now, I'm also including a bonus chapter down at the end of this course that's going to be focused entirely on pro tips and tricks for having a successful recording session. And after you complete this course, tweet me a note @csmattia or connect with me on LinkedIn. I'd love to hear from you and see the content that you're creating.
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording