Join Chris Mattia for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Camtasia 2019 Essential Training: The Basics.
- [Chris] This course is about creating, refining and sharing your own story as a movie using Camtasia 2019 for Windows. Now if you're new to creating screencasts or you're just getting started, then you're in the right place. I'm going to guide you through all the essentials that you need to know step by step to successfully go from beginner to guru in no time. Now if you're experienced with screencasting or media production in general, perhaps you've used previous versions of Camtasia or other similar programs, then this course is going to be perfect for you as well. Now if you fall into the seasoned pro category, then click the little 1x icon on the lower right of your player and crank up the speed to skim through this course at your preferred faster pace and really pick up on all of the pro tips and tricks for making Camtasia sing and dance. Now to complete this course, you'll need the latest copy of Camtasia which you can download from TechSmith.com and a computer capable of running it. Download the app and install it like you would any other app on your PC. Now for Windows, I'd suggest a PC with at least eight gigs of ram but 16 would be more ideal since when creating screencasts you're going to need to run Camtasia recorder and any additional programs that you'll be recording. So the more ram you have, the better. I'd also suggest running the latest 64 bit version of Windows 10. Although older versions of Windows should be just fine. You'll also need a microphone to record your voice with and a good pair of headphones. More on that later. On recording and editing a screencast, with Camtasia it's very easy to quickly get a good quality movie out to the world, but if you want to take your story to the next level, then I'd suggest working through this entire course from start to finish to get a strong understanding of all of the capabilities that Camtasia has to offer you. Watch each movie, then replicate the steps on your own. Use the learn by doing approach rather than just watching each movie to really lock these techniques into your mind. Now there are a lot of steps to creating a fully polished and professional-looking and sounding screencast and I'm going to walk you through each and every step in this course. Then as you begin working with your own movie project, use this course as a reference to review key topics and techniques as you need them. Now after you share your story with the world, be sure to tweet me a link to @csmattia or send me a note here on LinkedIn so I can see what you've created. Now throughout this course, we'll also touch on a few other applications that you may find helpful including PromptSmart and Fuse iOS and Android, PowerPoint, Word, Google Docs, Google Drive and Reflector. Now while these apps are not required, you may find them useful at certain stages of the recording or editing process. Camtasia is an amazing tool for recording and editing screencast content such as all of the video training that you see here in the LinkedIn Learning library so let's get into it.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Choosing and calibrating a microphone
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Recording mobile devices
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding transitions and annotations
- Exporting and sharing movies
- Collaborating between Mac and Windows