Transitions smooth over rough cuts and tell our brains that a change is taking place in the story. In this video, learn how to add, refine, and use transitions to more effectively communicate your message.
- [Instructor] Transitions allow you … to seamlessly bring content into and out of your frame. … They smooth over the visual rough cuts … between media on your timeline. … But most of all, they help you tell your story. … They tell our brains to accept that a change is taking place … in the story, and how to interpret that change. … Now, Camtasia gives you … over 30 different transitions to choose from. … And you can preview any transition … by simply parking your mouse over one of the panels. … A transitions are always to the ends of clips … to either bring us into a clip or take us out. … And there are four ways to apply a transition. … The first way is to drag a transition tile … over the end of a clip. … Now, as you begin dragging, … everywhere that you can apply … a transition will highlight in yellow. … As you hover over the end of one of those clips, … a transition icon will appear letting you know … that you have the right spot. … You can release your mouse, and that transition is applied. …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.