Explore mirroring app options to broadcast your smartphone screen directly to your computer. You can then use Camtasia to capture your phone screen for use in your project.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at Using A Mirroring App…to record your phone screen.…Now this isn't an app for you narcissists out there,…though I have seen those.…What a mirroring app does is broadcast your phone screen…to your computer screen usually using…your wireless internet connection.…You can then use Camtasia, just like you normally would…to capture your phone screen.…Some mirroring apps even come with a built in recorder.…Now mirroring apps are a little trickier to setup.…You have to run an app both on your phone and your computer,…but truth be told once everything is up and running,…I find mirroring preferable to the phone screen recorder…we looked at in another video.…
The first step in using a mirroring app is finding one…that will work with your computer and phone.…A good place to look is this TechSmith blog.…All of the apps listed are either free…or at least have a free trial so you can make sure it works…on your system before you buy it.…Each app is different in the setup…so follow the directions carefully.…
- Scripting a video
- Choosing and setting up a lavalier
- Shooting video with your phone
- Capturing multiple sources
- Using a phone screen recorder
- Removing noise
- Choosing a resolution
- Leveling vocals
- Making detailed audio adjustments
- Copying effects to save time
- Editing synced videos
- Adding closed captioning
- Sharing your finished video
Skill Level Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Recording a Demonstration Video
3. Producing Your Video, Part 1
4. Producing Your Video, Part 2
5. Sharing Your Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.