Magnetic tracks automatically close gaps in your timeline and speed up the editing process. In this video, learn how to identify when and how to leverage the magnetic track feature for your Camtasia project.
- [Instructor] One of the new features of Camtasia 2020 … is the ability to edit with magnetic tracks. … You magnetize a track by clicking the magnet icon here … at the start of the track. … When you do, … the magnet will flip over pointing at the track, … and every clip on that track will act … as if the clip boundaries are instantly magnetized, … and they're all attracted to the start of the track. … For a track with a single clip, … you may not see anything different happen at first, … but if you magnetize a track … that has multiple clips and gaps on it, … all of the gaps will be instantly closed, … and all of the clips will snap into place. … This can really simplify and speed up your editing … for some projects by automatically closing gaps … for you since every edit you make … will automatically have a ripple applied to it. … That is really cool. … For example, if you use any of the tricks … that you learned in a previous movie to make a selection, … such as jumping your play head down and dragging the in …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.