Learn how to correctly import the exercise files for a smooth and error-free learning experience.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files you'll definitely want to watch this whole video. And if not, no big deal, you can just work with your own media. So the exercise files for this course are a little different than you may be used to. Camtasia has the ability to export an entire project with everything included in one folder. Basically media is embedded rather than linked. So you don't end up with any annoying missing file errors. It makes for slightly larger exercise files but I think it's well worth it.
You do however have to import the exercise files correctly and I'm going to show you how. Once you've downloaded the exercise files for the course, you'll need to unzip the main folder. Just right click, choose extract all, extract. And your exercise files are ready. You now have two folders, and you don't really need the zipped one anymore so you can just trash it if you want to. Okay inside your exercise folder you'll see chapter folders.
Inside each chapter folder, you'll find more folders. Don't unzip these. Instead, you're just going to drag and drop to the media bin and click okay. And you magically have a complete project with all embedded media intact and ready to work with.
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.