The exercise files for this course are a little different than you may be used to. Camtasia 9 has the ability to export an entire project with all the files included in one folder, so you don't end up with any annoying missing file errors.
- [Speaker] The exercise files for this course are a little different than you maybe used to. Camtasia has the ability to export an entire project with all the files included in one folder. So you don't end up with any annoying missing file errors. Basically, media is embedded rather than linked. It makes for slightly larger exercise files but I think it's well worth it. You do however have to import the exercise files correctly and I'm going to show you how. After you've downloaded the exercise files for the course, you'll need to unzip the main folder.
Right click, choose Extract All, browse to your location. I'm just going to put mine on the Desktop here and click Extract. Now, you'll have two folders. You don't really need to zip one anymore so you can go ahead and trash it if you want to. Open up the exercise files and drill down to the corresponding Chapter folder. If you don't see an exercise file for a video or chapter, it's because it doesn't have one. Inside each Chapter folder, you'll find another corresponding zip folder.
Don't unzip this, instead you're going to import this whole folder in the Camtasia with a simple drag and drop, more like so and click OK. And voila`! You have a complete project file with all the embedded media. No missing files! Now since we're here, I'm going to show you how to reverse that process so you can export your own projects the same way. This is great for archive in a project or sending it off to a coworker.
I'm going to go to File, Export as Zip, browse to my location, I'm going to put mine on the Desktop. Go ahead and name it something you want. I will call mine Export Demo and click Save. Make sure this is checked- Include all files from Media Bin and click OK. Now I'm going to go to the Desktop to show you what just happened. Now, I have the complete project with all the media files in one folder.
I can slap it on a hard drive for safe keeping or send it off to a coworker and be sure they'll get the complete project without any missing files or errors.
- Selecting and setting up a microphone
- Scripting a business communication
- Recording a screen capture
- Capturing media with a smartphone
- Getting media into Camtasia
- Editing video and audio
- Adding music
- Animating media
- Including closed-captioning
- Publishing and sharing a video