Camtasia for Windows has a custom add-in for PowerPoint that greatly improves the capture of PowerPoint presentations. In this video, learn how to use the PowerPoint add-in for Camtasia to record a slide presentation and import that recording into the Camtasia Editor.
- [Instructor] At one point or another, … you're going to need to record a PowerPoint presentation. … And TechSmith has made this super easy for you … by creating a custom PowerPoint add-in for windows, … that was automatically installed … when you initially installed Camtasia. … Now this add-in is only available on windows … and in the next movie, … I'll show you a trick for recording presentations … with Keynote on the Mac. … Now the first time you open PowerPoint … after installing Camtasia, … you should see this pop up, … letting you know that the add-in was installed. … And there's a simple slideshow … that you can walk through the basics … of using the add-in with. … You can click OK to close the window. … When you have your own slide deck open, … you can go up to the Add-ins tab on your ribbon, … which should be available to you now. … And right here, … you should find the buttons to begin recording … toggle your microphone on and off, … toggle your webcam on and off, … and an option to open a new window. …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.