Camtasia 9 users are often confused by the different types of files. Corbin Anderson explains the difference and uses of tscproj, trec and final video files to help you avoid sharing, editing and upload errors.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] I'm going to walk through…the main Camtasia file types so you're…able to differentiate and avoid issues.…One of the most common problems…I hear from people learning Camtasia…is things like, my file won't upload,…or no one can watch my video.…And the case is almost always that…they tried to share the wrong file type.…So let's take a look at the different…file types and hopefully avoid any confusion.…The first we're going to look at is…the .tscproj file.…
I have no idea an easy way to pronounce this.…It is the green one.…This is your project file.…This is the one to click if you're…going to work on a project.…It's the director of your project.…It holds all the information about…all your clips and changes you've made.…Without it, everything is just a jumble of clips.…Next is the .trec file, the red ones.…They're you're screen captures you've…created using Camtasia.…They are in fact a video file but not…one that you can just send to just anyone.…
You need to have Camtasia to view them.…And finally, we have the final video.…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.