What exactly is a TREC file? What can you do with it? Corbin Anderson explores the TREC file in Camtasia 9 and shares some tips and tricks that you'll find at least interesting, if not useful.
- [Narrator] I'm going to show you a few tricks you can do…with your trec files.…Outside of Camtasia, a trec file isn't a very useful file.…If I were to share a trec with someone…who wasn't a Camtasia user,…they probably would have no idea what it was.…Normally, I would, of course, render out my trec file…to an mp4 or whatever, before sharing,…but there are some non-Camtasia uses for the source file.…Now, even if you never use any of these tricks,…I think you'll find it interesting to see…what makes up a trec file.…
A trec is really just a wrapper for your screen capture,…mic, system audio, and webcam video.…It takes all the files…and wraps them together into one file.…The first trick I'm going to show you…is how to extract those files from the wrapper…into separate common file types.…I could use this technique to import the original files…into another video editor, like Premiere or Final Cut,…I could share the media files with a co-worker,…who doesn't have Camtasia,…I could send the original files to an editor,…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.