Camtasia comes with a library of creative transitions. But which should you use? Explore transitions best practices to add professionalism and style to your elearning project.
- [Narrator] Let's look at transitions…from an advanced editing perspective.…Camtasia comes with a nice handful of…interesting transitions.…And it's pretty common for new users to get in there,…see all those fun transitions and…just go crazy with them.…I see it all the time.…Adding a zigzag between this cut,…and a checkerboard between that one,…maybe a circle stretch over here.…Ooh, the circle stretch is cool.…This presentation is getting so much more interesting.…This is fun.…The next thing you know,…you have a three minute ride on the…Camtasia crazy train.…
So, my first recommendation is…if you haven't done this yet,…go do it now, add every transition there is…on every cut you can find.…I'll wait.…All right.…So now that you've got that out of your system,…let's look at what the pros do.…Go watch your favorite show.…I'll use Game of Thrones as my in brain example.…How many transitions do you see?…My guess is not a lot.…Or maybe none at all.…So that's the first thing to consider.…Do you really need a transition?…While an eLearning project is certainly…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.