Sometimes an audio or video file just won't play well in Camtasia 9. Corbin Anderson shows you how to transcode finicky files to play smoothly in your timeline without hiccups, stuttering, freezing, and crashes.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you some options…for working with files that may not play so well…with Camtasia.…If you're using the exercise files, take note that…this folder is not zipped for import, it's just…a video file for transcoding.…We'll get to that in a minute.…Now Camtasia is pretty flexible when it comes…to working with files not native to the program.…I've used video from my phone, images from my DSLR,…music I pull from my mp3 player, all of those…kind of things.…But sometimes things are a little glitchy.…
I've run into two types of issues when importing files.…The first one I'm able to import the file,…but it just doesn't seem to work well.…It might cause Camtasia to act sluggish,…or I can't edit without creating a crash.…It works, but not really.…And the second, it just won't even import.…Camtasia just says not going to happen.…In most cases, both of these issues can be handled…with transcoding.…Transcoding just means you take a file and process it…to turn it into a different type of file.…
For example, turning a ginormous MOV into a much easier…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.