The Timeline is the primary storyline assembly and timing control for your movie in Camtasia. In this video, learn about key features of the timeline you will need to create great screencast content, as well as how to customize them.
- [Instructor] Let's take a closer look at the timeline. … The timeline looks like a ruler above your tracks, … and it's broken up into units of time. … The playhead always displays the time code … for the current frame. … And my playhead is currently parked at zero hours, … zero minutes, 19 seconds and 15 frames. … Camtasia defaults to dividing every second of real time … in 30 frames per second. … Therefore, you can say that my playhead … is currently located at exactly 19 and a half seconds. … And if you drag your play head forward, … notice the last two numbers begin incrementing. … You can also use the period key on your keyboard … to advance one frame at a time all the way up … until you get to 29 frames. … When you advance one more frame, … they begin counting again at zero frames. … Timecode is extremely helpful when editing, … since it lets you find and talk about … specific points in your movie. … Now you can zoom into your timeline … by dragging the slider on the main toolbar to the right. …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.