Corbin Anderson demonstrates the first pass editing technique to fix obvious errors and tighten up your Camtasia 9 project before you begin polishing for production.
- [Narrator] I'm going to show you how I get…the editing process rolling, by taking a first pass.…There's no right or wrong way to go about editing.…As you discover new techniques and procedures,…you'll find they either fit or don't fit…with your workflow.…Some people like to start at the beginning,…and complete each section as they work through the timeline,…and some people like to take pass after pass,…removing unwanted content…and adding new layers with each review.…I am definitely in the latter category.…By the time I'm done with a project,…I've usually run through the entire timeline many times.…
My first step is usually to take a first pass.…I go through and make any obvious edits…on my screen cap or voiceover,…so I have a foundation to build on.…For the sake of time, I've already run through this once…and marked the spots that need attention.…You can see them here in the markers.…Now, for this recording I was just doing a voiceover.…There's really nothing going on on the screen,…and I could have recorded it…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.