Learn how to set project dimensions for a recording.
- [Instructor] The default dimensions for a new project…are full HD, 1920 by 1080, which is a perfectly…standard dimension that will work great with any video host.…But for some projects, you may need different dimensions.…For this project, I've chosen a 1280 by 720 resolution…so I can take advantage of some tricks…that we'll look at in other videos.…I'm gonna go ahead and change the dimensions…on my project to 1280 by 720.…I'm gonna right click here on the canvas,…choose project settings, and I'm gonna choose 1280 by 720…and click apply.…
That's how you change the project dimensions.…Now, technically, you can do this at any point…in your project, but I highly recommend…you do this before you begin editing.…Otherwise, you're gonna find yourself…with a lot of extra work.…
- Determine which action is used to add a video to a specific point in a project.
- Explore the path used to adjust project dimensions.
- Define B-roll.
- Recall the purpose of masking.
- Name the feature used to add zooms, pans, or tilts to media.
- Identify the probable cause of missing files in a project.
Skill Level Beginner
Visualizing a final project2m 19s
1. Creating Your First Video
2. Improving Your Video
3. Polishing Your Project
4. Finishing Steps
Creating a local file video1m 58s
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.