Video scripting and storyboarding save time and hassle while adding quality. Explore these concepts and learn to use them in your own Camtasia projects.
- [Tutor] Scripting your video before you shoot…may seem like an extra step, but I've found…in the long run, it saves time,…reduces hassle, and I end up with a higher quality video…than if I were to just wing it.…Now you can script any way you want to.…Currently, this is the format I like to use.…I've included this template in the exercise files.…I've got my dialog, what's going to be on the screen,…and a spot for notes, and if I need to,…I can add another column.…It's very flexible.…Sometimes I script word-for-word,…and sometimes I just use bullet points.…
It really depends on the project, the audience,…who's on camera, what I'm showing,…will other people be reading the script or is it just me.…All of that is a factor.…I usually use one row for each step.…You can see in my demo template…I've got a row for cast intro, a row to talk about fuse,…and a row for each step of the process.…This makes it easier for me to prep and shoot,…and it's also useful as a reference when I go to edit.…Additionally, consider including a storyboard.…
- Scripting a video
- Choosing and setting up a lavalier
- Shooting video with your phone
- Capturing multiple sources
- Using a phone screen recorder
- Removing noise
- Choosing a resolution
- Leveling vocals
- Making detailed audio adjustments
- Copying effects to save time
- Editing synced videos
- Adding closed captioning
- Sharing your finished video
Skill Level Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Recording a Demonstration Video
3. Producing Your Video, Part 1
4. Producing Your Video, Part 2
5. Sharing Your Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.