Sometimes animations, effects, and other Camtasia 9 enhancements can cause a track to be more than your computer can handle. Corbin Anderson shows you how to tame a troublesome track so that you can work through your project without pulling out your hair.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you…how to handle a troublesome track.…By that I mean a clip or even an entire track…that just gives Camtasia fits.…Maybe it's a data-heavy HD video…that you need to use in your project…or a very intense multi-level animation.…Some kind of asset that just causes Camtasia…to stutter, freeze up, or even crash…every time the play hit crosses it's path…making viewing your project in real-time impossible.…This project is actually playing fine on my computer…but for demonstration purposes…I'm going to pretend I'm out on the road…working from my not-so-powerful laptop…and all the effects, animations, et cetera,…on track two are just too much…for the wimpy laptop to handle.…
Of course I could just disable track two…and that might be fine for some projects…but for this one I need to see it…because I need my music to work…and I need my sound effects to align with it…so I need it on.…Instead, what I'm going to do is render out just this track…then temporarily replace it so I can focus on…the other parts of the project.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.