Learn how to use Camtasia's "remove a color" tool to key out a green screen background and add your own customized media.
- [Instructor] Let's play with removing a green screen.…We'll be focusing on the editing end of this.…If you're looking to learn how to…shoot video on a green screen,…you'll want to check out some of the videos here…in the online learning library.…The tool I'm going to use here is in the Visual Effects panel.…It's the Remove a Color effect.…Okay, a bit of a disclaimer.…This tool is entry-level, and fairly limited.…So if you're looking to produce Star Wars-quality effects,…you're probably going to be a bit disappointed.…None the less, it's a lot of fun to play with,…and can add some creative options to your project.…
Okay, so here I have an intro I shot…in my home studio, AKA my garage.…You can see my green screen is just a big monitor.…Actually, monitor's work really great as green screens…because they're evenly lit,…which is key when it comes to removing the green.…I've used a monitor as a green screen a couple of times…when I needed to have a screen in the shot,…but wasn't yet sure exactly…what needed to be shown on the screen,…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.