Unwanted noise like computer fans and air conditioning and traffic can ruin an otherwise perfect take. Corbin Anderson shows you how to minimize the unwanted noise going into your Camtasia 9 project and how to use the noise removal tool to remove ambient
- [Voiceover] I'm going to show you how to get rid…of unwanted background noise in your recording.…Now the best way to keep unwanted noise out…of your project is to not let it get there…in the first place.…Computer fans, mini fridges, heating and air conditioning,…traffic, all of these things add to the unwanted noise…being picked up by your microphone.…So first, eliminate or minimize as much…of these types of sound as possible.…Despite all this, you may end up with background noise.…Your laptop fan, maybe you're not able to turn off the AC,…or for some reason you just can't seem…to get the traffic to stop driving by…during your recording time.…
Fortunately, Camtasia comes with a noise removal effect…that does a really nice job.…Now, it's not going to be able to remove…things like your neighbor's chainsaw,…or a drive-by blaring stereo,…but it can take care of basic ambient noise.…To demonstrate, I intentionally created background noise…in my studio by turning on a fan…and making a short recording.…You'll notice at the start here, there's several seconds…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.