Sometimes video clips look different once you get them on a full-sized monitor. Learn how to use reframing for just the right look.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at reframing a shot.…If you're a photographer, you may call this cropping.…Basically, I'm going to zoom in a bit on a clip,…then reposition it on the canvas…so, hopefully, it looks better.…Technically, you can do this with any image or video clip,…but for best result, you want to have a clip…with a higher resolution than your final project.…In a separate video, I created…this green screen section from 4K footage.…Currently, my project is set at a 4K resolution,…but my final project is going to be 1280 by 720,…which gives me all kinds of room for reframing.…
First, I'm going to group my 4K sections.…This just makes reframing a whole lot easier.…So I'm going to go down here to the timeline,…control A to select everything, right click and group.…Okay, next, I'm going to adjust my project resolution;…going to right click on the canvas,…project settings and I'm going to go with the 1280 by 720…and apply, which gives me this enormous head.…So I'm going to click on my group here,…and over here in the properties panel…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.