The Camtasia Recorder is the best tool for capturing your voice and computer screen on both Mac and Windows. In this video, learn how to make a basic screen capture recording with Camtasia 2020.
- [Instructor] Now, that you have … your microphone calibrated, it's time to make … your first screencast recording. … Let's make a short movie to respond to a student … or a customer learning to use our home coffee roaster. … Since this will be what I like to call a quick … and dirty recording, we won't need a formal script. … But it's still a good idea to practice what we want to show, … open the app that you're going to record. … In my case, it's an app called Roast Time … that's specific to this particular model of roaster, … check to make sure that everything looks right … on your screen. … Now, to help ensure that your user can focus … on the information that you're presenting to them, … it's always a good idea to maximize … your window to full screen. … So I'll click on that button there and maximize the window. … Now, I already have the roast profile open … that learner sent in, then check to make sure … that the app is responding correctly to you. … For this movie, I'll only need to be able …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.