Check out these Camtasia 9 tips and tricks to help your recording session run smooth and hassle free. Corbin Anderson goes over his list of prep, recording and editing tactics to produce quality videos quickly and effectively.
- [Narrator] Let's look at a few tips and tricks…to help your presentation run a bit smoother.…Create a dedicated recording account.…Use a simple, solid background for your desktop.…Have water handy.…Use notes and bullet points.…You can view them on a separate laptop,…a second monitor, or even go old school…with Post-Its or paper.…Check your setting before every recording,…don't just assume they are the same as you left them.…Mistakes happen.…
When you make one, wait a second or two,…clap three times,…(hands clapping)…then begin again from a clean starting point.…When you go to edit,…it will be easy to identify problem areas.…If you flub a line, immediately let go of your mouse.…Rethink what you want to say,…then give it another shot.…It will be easier to edit out your mistake…if you haven't moved your mouse all over the screen.…Break your presentation into sections.…Work on one section or concept at a time.…
Pause. Use the pause button between sections.…No one is going to know what happens during the pause,…and Camtasia will reset your cursor…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.