Being successful at recording screencast content is all about how you prepare to record. In this video, learn how to prepare your application, draft a table of contents, outline, and script your movie effectively.
- [Instructor] When you're preparing to record a screencast, … there's no one right or wrong way to prepare. … It's going to really depend on your particular situation. … Now the most basic way to prepare is … to open up the application … that you're going to be recording with … and step through all of the actions … that you're going to be doing throughout the movie. … Make sure that you're familiar … with where all of the items are and what they're called. … Everything on screen has a specific name, … so make sure you learn what the names are … and how to describe them. … Next, if you're creating a series of episodes, … then draft out a rough plan for your series … by creating a table of contents. … Now the plan will likely evolve over time, … but sketch out a rough idea … of where you think the series is going to go. … For example, if you're recording a series of movies … about how to roast coffee at home, … then you'd want to break that larger topic up … into a smaller series of more manageable topics …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.