Marking edits during your recording can save you time and hassle down the road. Corbin Anderson shows you how to use the three-clap technique and audio notes while capturing in Camtasia 9.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you…how I cut down on editing time…by creating audio and visual notes during a recording.…It's not at all uncommon to spend far more time…editing a project than recording it.…Depending on how polished I want my final video to be,…I may run through the recording numerous times…before finally exporting it for sharing.…Also, considerable time may pass…between the time I record a video…and when I get around to actually editing it.…Ideas that were at the front of my mind during recording…may be completely forgotten by the time I edit.…
Now one way to save time…and ensure that I don't lose important information…is to leave audio or video notes to myself in the recording.…I can review the notes during editing,…then remove them before sharing.…This also works really well…if I'm handing off a project to someone else for editing.…I like to use the three clap technique…to mark spots in my recording for editing or inspection.…If I make an error…or just want to point out a note to myself,…I just clap three times like this.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.