This video shows the steps for screen capture for a basic tutorial video which has numerous applications when creating instruction using video.
- [Instructor] Tutorial videos are a great way to demonstrate the steps of a process by providing visual examples and auditory explanation. I want to create a tutorial for my students to show them how to share a document with me that they've created in Google Docs. I'm going to launch Camtasia, and I'm going to choose New Recording. From the recorder, I'm go to check to make sure the right headset is selected and make any other necessary adjustments.
Since I'm going to edit this tutorial later, if I stumble over my words or make a mistake, it isn't a big deal. I'll just take a breath and then try that part again. I can easily edit those things out later. Okay, let's record this tutorial. I'm going to click the red Record button, wait for the countdown, and then begin. Let's take a look at the easy way to share an assignment you've created in Google Docs. From your document, just click on the blue Share button in the top right corner.
In the center, under People, I'm going to enter the email address of the person I want to share the document with. On the right-hand side, I can choose if I want that person to be able to edit the document, comment on the document, or only view the document. If I have a message to share, I can type that in this box as well. Next, I'm going to click Send. An email with a link to my document will automatically be sent to that person. When I'm done with my capture, I'm going to click on the default hotkey F10 to stop the recording.
Camtasia Studio will automatically launch, and I can now begin my editing. The next thing I'm going to do is save my project by going to File, Save As, and then naming my project. I can click Save, and my project is now saved. The first major step is complete. I've captured my tutorial. We'll take a look at editing and producing options a little later on. Okay, it's your turn.
Think of a task or procedure you often have to demonstrate, and go record a tutorial video explaining the task.
- Understanding the Camtasia 9 interface
- Recording tips and tricks
- Capturing your video
- Providing feedback
- Capturing a slide presentation
- Making a basic edit
- Adding annotations, transitions, and music
- Hiding mistakes
- Posting your video