Learn how to speed up or slow down your audio and video clips in Camtasia 9.
- [Instructor] With the clip speed effect you can…speed things up…or slow em down.…I'm going to show you how…to use a fade recorder.…The effect works on both audio and video clips.…Let's start with speeding things up.…This is the one I use most.…It works great for things like logging pages,…downloads, installations,…all of those things that may take a real long time on screen…but I don't really need to show every step of the process.…I just need to get the gist across.…
Okay, so here in this third clip,…so right here, I have my original driver…installation screen cap.…Let's take a quick look at that.…Riveting stuff right,…I don't need to show every second of this.…It's like 30 seconds.…I just need to show hey go ahead and install your driver.…So I'm going to speed it up.…I'm just going to right click,…choose add clip speed,…and then over here in the properties…open this up if you need to,…I can change this in two ways.…
I can adjust the speed or I can adjust the duration.…I'm going to show you speed first.…I'm just going to pick an arbitrary number here.…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.