Adding music to your Camtasia 9 project can really add polish and interest. Unfortunately, music tracks are seldom the same length as your project. Corbin Anderson shows you a few techniques for making your music track fit with your story.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you some ways…to get your music track and your project length to match up.…If you've created a project here in Camtasia…and added a music track, unless you really lucked out,…you probably discovered it doesn't quite fit.…The song is usually too long or it's too short.…Now, the best way to avoid this…is to plan everything out ahead of time.…If I'm creating a 62nd web promo, I can write a 62nd script,…choose a 62nd music track, and boom, everything fits,…but let's face it, this is seldom how things play out,…so let's look at some fixes.…
Now, in this first scenario, the music is just way too long,…so what I can do is trim it back and fade it out.…It's a common fix, let me show you how.…Just going to drag the edge here,…about to there where I marked it.…Oops, that's too far.…Let me zoom in a little tighter,…and I want to fade it out.…I'm going to go to Audio Effects, Fadeout,…and I'm going to drag that one audio point…out a little further.…
Out to there.…Let's see how that sounds.…(smooth jazzy music)…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.